What, in your opinion, is the major mission of the Association?
– The mission of the Alumni Association is closely related to the mission, objectives and goals of the Lviv University and primarily concerns the formation of a high level of educational and scientific standards and their implementation, generating positive changes required by the market and society, and educating patriotic citizens with intellectual and innovative potential.
In accordance with our mission, Alumni Association of Lviv University aspires to direct all its energy, activities and programs to create a community of graduates, friends, employees, teachers and students, who respect the priorities and values of the Association; support the spirit of belonging and pride in the University; seek to promote the development of the University by sharing their experience, knowledge, resources and competencies.
As President of Association, what does the success of this community really mean for you? What goals and objectives should be set to achieve it?
– First and foremost, I believe success of the Association should be measured in terms of creation of a professional and efficient community of like-minded people who seek to strengthen their connection with the University and support the accomplishment of Association`s mission and objectives.
The primary goals of the Association include the following:
– initiation and support of educational and scientific programs and projects;
– establishing effective networking and cooperation of graduates with the University;
– introduction of internship and mentoring programs for students in organizations and companies headed by graduates;
– improving the efficiency of educational space at the University;
– establishing and strengthening links between government, business and education;
It has recently been announced that the new Board of Association was elected. What are the objectives of the new leadership?
– The new Board will undoubtedly work primarily to achieve the goals specified above. We strive to create a comfortable environment for graduates where they can share their views about the development of the University, initiate new joint projects, learn from each other and share knowledge.
I also want to assure you that Association will always remain a creative and innovative guardian of the academic and civic values and traditions of the University in search of new opportunities and development prospects for the Alma Mater.
Would you like to use this opportunity to address all University graduates?
– Of course! Thank you!
Student years are probably the most memorable time for all of us: the time of learning and personal development, the time of recognition of our goals and ambitions, the time of broadening of our outlook acquiring professional competencies! And most importantly it is always the time of making friends for life!
I sincerely welcome all of you to return to the University by joining Alumni Association!
Together we will contribute to the upbringing of a new generation of responsible, ambitious, and professional citizens of Ukraine!